Applecare PDS-300 is a COSMOS-approved advanced dispersing system for uncoated, hydrophilic color pigments, allowing formulators to disperse them into oil at eye-popping concentrations.
This dispersing effect is so dramatic that formulators can use just a small amount of Applecare PDS-300 to reduce viscosity build-up in color cosmetic formulations with high amounts of pigment powder. Internal loading tests have shown that using just 2.25% of Applecare PDS-300 can help disperse over 70% pigment grade titanium dioxide in capric/caprylic triglyceride, while still remaining very liquid and homogenous.
Furthermore, the switch from surface-treated pigments to uncoated pigments represents significant cost savings as well creating more flexibility in your supply chain.
- Control viscosity in natural color cosmetic formulations - Is your natural foundation too thick? Suffering from clumpy mascara? Applecare PDS-300 gives rheology control back to formulators, allowing them to reduce viscosity to their desired level by simply adjusting the amount of PDS-300 usage.
- Clean and natural without compromising functionality - Applecare PDS-300 can create high quality fine pigment dispersions by smoothing out the average particle size as low as 2 microns, resulting in:
• Brighter Color Strength
• Increased Coverage
• Better Transparency and Opacity
• Boost Mattifying Properties
• Increased SPF Values in UV-grade Inorganic Pigments
• Smoother Sensorial Profile
- Significantly increase pre-treated pigment performance - not all pre-treatments result in perfect surface coverage, so Applecare PDS-300 can fill in the gaps to improve dispersing performance even more.
- Significantly improve loading and performance of effect pigments
- Compatible with organic, inorganic, and mineral pigments
- Compatible with both natural and non-natural oils - hydrocarbons, esters, and silicone oils (formulation dependent)
- COSMOS-certified, 100% naturally sourced ingredients